Saturday, July 31, 2010

More Hot Links

Another dose of Hot Links!  Here's what I've been spending my time reading instead of doing actual work! (Okay maybe between actual work.)


Tech Stuff

-Got a question?  Ask Facebook Questions

-In August the new Amazon Kindle will be $139

-Apparently Verizon data users consume more than AT&T/iPhone users

-Blackberry to come out with new "Blackpad" to compete with iPad.

-And now jailbreaking is legit...just don't expect Apple to honor your warranty.

-If I ever wanted to buy my own domain, I would probably need to change my blog name.  Take a look at themeatlife.com ...not bad.  Maybe I'll start a poll on what my new blog name should be?  I don't even know what I would change it to.  I need to start thinking of some other names if I want to get my own dot com.  The only reason I'm thinking about this is because my wife is starting her own hair bow business online.  I'll give you the link once it's up.


Sports

-Since I neglected to mention Florida State's Christian Ponder in my discussion of college football players to watch (as pointed out by my brother), here is the site that FSU is pushing for his Heisman campaign (courtesy of Old Hat Creative, my brother's previous employer).  If the whole football quarterbacking thing doesn't work, the dude already has his MBA!

-Sports Illustrated has a list of the 25 Most Hated Teams of All-Time.  Yes there is a Pistons team on there, a Yankees team on there, and yes a few teams from Miami.  Bet you can't guess who one of those teams is!

-The Pac-10 is going to change it's name to the Pac-12 next season when they welcome Utah and Colorado to the conference.  They even changed their logo.


Entertain me!

-One of the founders of MTV says the music video is still relevant...among other things.

-More on Inception, this time the real science behind dreams.


And a bonus link for you Tulsans, the Golden Driller is on Time's list for Top 50 American Roadside Attractions.  Nice!


Okay, next entry we'll have Part Deuce of the Meat Life College Football Preview!


themeatlife.blogspot.com

No comments: