Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Meat Life's Ultimate Christmas Wishlist

Well, it seems like the Christmas shopping season starts earlier and earlier every year. I think last week I saw the first serious Christmas commercial come out. While I think it's ridiculous, I also kind of like it. Most of my list this year is movies and video games. Later on I will have a Meat Ballers List of Items That Are Awesome for those items I will probably be saving up for once I get a house. But for now here is the Meat Life's Ultimate Christmas Wishlist:

Lost Season 4 ($36.99 on Amazon)
Complexity, relationships, and deep human themes drive this show. One of my favorites since I bought the first season by chance and now with the conclusion of the show coming up in less than two years we are finally starting to see the full picture. In this season we find out how some get off the island and some end up stuck on the island. Although the first season is probably the best of the entire show, season 4 shows that this show is still solid.

Seinfeld Seasons 4-9 (Between $35.99-$38.99 on Amazon)
I had gotten the first three seasons for Christmas some years ago but have not gotten any of the other seasons since, out of just outright forgetfulness. Awesome show with iconic episodes and characters like the Contest and the Soup Nazi. Any one of these could continue building my collection and even if I got one it would be awesome.

The Dark Knight ($21.49 on Amazon for 2-Disc Edition)
The most anticipated DVD/BluRay release of the Christmas season, and with good reason. This film was phenominal, transending what it is to be a comic book movie. Standing on its own it makes for a tense and gripping crime drama, the heroes and villains just happened to be dressed up in disguises. Probably the best film I've seen this decade.

Knight Rider Seasons 2-3 (Season 2 - $22.99, Season 3 - $37.99 on Amazon)
I've already gotten the first and last season of this iconic 80s classic show. The coolest car and probably the most fun action series back in the day. Seasons 2 and 3 featured some of the showdowns with KITT and KARR. May seem cheesy nowadays (even the update series on NBC has taken a slightly different approach) but still awesome.

The Indiana Jones Complete Adventure Collection ($59.99 on Amazon)
Growing up watching the first three, I loved the action and the mystique. Spielberg and Lucas make a good creative team. I have yet to see the fourth and latest installment, and even if it doesn't live up to the original trilogy I still wouldn't mind owning it if I owned the other three.

EASports NHL09 (XBox 360 version, $56.99 on Amazon)
Winner of 10 awards for best sports video game, the NHL series has lept to greatness with the skill stick. The new version has improvements on the defensive side of the ice and a playable version of NHL94.

Wanted (Single Disc $16.99 on Amazon)
Action action action is what I was told to expect, another movie I haven't gotten a chance to see, but I'm sure I probably would have liked.

Tropic Thunder (Unrated Director's Cut $22.99 on Amazon)
The controversial action-comedy featuring a bald Tom Cruise, a black Robert Downey Jr and a two members of the "frat pack" in Ben Stiller and Jack Black, yet another I haven't seen but probably would enjoy.

Pineapple Express (2-Disc Unrated Edition $22.99 on Amazon)
A stoner-action-comedy starring an actor on fire right now in Seth Rogen. Rogen prospers in the popular raunch comedies that have come out as of late. And yes, another movie I have yet to see.

Ninja Gaiden II (XBox 360 edition, $36.99 on Amazon)
Playing the original and the demo of this version, this game is awesome. The gameplay and graphics are great, that and the price is down now that it has been out for a while.
Rock Band Drum Pad Silencers ($19.99 on Amazon)
Yeah, it's kind of annoying if you are playing the game and all you can hear is the drum sticks banging against that drum pad. My questions is why couldn't these things be built into the drum when they sell it to you?
Harold and Kumar: Escape From Gauntanamo Bay (2-Disc Unrated, $22.99 on Amazon)
And we end with a movie that I have already seen and just not bought yet. Another stoner-comedy continuing where the White Castle movie left off. Very awesome. Very hilarious. Almost as good as the first.

So there you have it, the Meat Life's Ultimate Christmas Wishlist!
Coming soon, the Meat Baller List of Items That Are Awesome

No comments: